The staff at St Gregory the Great Catholic School comprise a strong and professional community of highly trained, skilled, dedicated and enthusiastic people. The Directors of the Academy and the School’s Leadership team are committed to supporting the continuing development of staff and to maintaining a good working environment with the necessary policies and procedures in place to support this.
We seek to recruit high calibre staff who are lively, enthusiastic and committed. In return we provide opportunities for employees to reach their full potential for their own benefit and the benefit of the School as a whole.
Please explore our website which contains much information on our School and its activities.
We require for September 2018
An experienced KS1/ KS2 Phase Leader with responsibility for leading RE across the Primary Phase.
TMS or UPS plus TLR2 (1)
From September 2018, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated experienced practitioner to join our growing primary leadership team. We are looking for a teacher who:
- is a flexible, well qualified and highly committed practitioner, who would relish the opportunity to become involved in the development of our growing school;
- is keen to be involved in our varied and dynamic creative curriculum;
- is passionate, highly creative, self-motivated team player with strong interpersonal skills’
- is capable of designing and delivering outstanding lessons and have a sophisticated understanding of how young children learn;
- is confident in using ICT for teaching, assessment and administration;
- can model and support the development of outstanding RE teaching and learning across the phase.
- can support the Head of Primary in leading the Catholic life across this growing phase of a through school.
We are a popular primary school and admit 60 Foundation Stage pupils each year as we develop a two form entry School and Nursery on a 3-19 campus. “Leaders and staff adhere to the academy’s values of ‘wisdom, justice, integrity and compassion’. As a result, students are well cared for in an environment free from discrimination which promotes equal opportunities. They are supported and nurtured so that they gain the skills and confidence to succeed.” (Ofsted April 2015)
The successful candidate will be an excellent and experienced primary practitioner and will have the capacity to raise attainment through motivating and inspiring pupils. You will become part of a forward-thinking and supportive team. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference to the achievement and life chances of the young people we serve.
For a CES application form and further details, please contact Rosemary Gelder on the 01865 749933 or email: PrincipalSGTG@dbmac.org.uk. If you would like further details or a visit to the school please contact us.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of students so all staff are enhanced DBS checked.
Start date: September 2018
Closing date: 24th January 2018
Interview date: Week Commencing 29th January 2018
How to Apply
- To apply for any vacancies currently listed on our website please download and complete the application forms found below.
- If applying by email, please send this as an attachment to PrincipalSGTG@dbmac.org.uk together with your cv and covering letter, specifying the post you are applying for in the title of the email.
- If applying by post please send to: Mrs Gelder, PA to the Executive Principal, St Gregory the Great Catholic School, Cricket Road, Oxford OX4 3DR.
- If you wish to discuss anything about your application or the vacancy please call Mrs Gelder on 01865 749 933.
- Applications will NOT be considered for the next stage of the recruitment process without submission of a completed Catholic Education Services application form
- The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Senior Leadership application form- Download Here
School support staff application form for a post in a catholic school- Download Here
Teacher application form- Download Here
Notes to applicants- Download Here
Model recruitment monitoring Information Form- Download Here
Model rehabilitation of offenders ACT 1974 – Disclosure Form- Download Here