Universal Infant Free School Meals are available for children in Reception, Year 1, and Year 2. If you would be eligible for Free School Meals then you should apply because it gives the school extra money to help your child.
From Year 3 onwards (including Secondary School), they are available to those families in receipt of certain benefits who make an application.
Your child might be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
How to Apply
To apply, download and print the form, or pick up a paper copy at the school office.
Return the form to the school office.
You only need to fill out this form once unless your circumstances change. Your eligibility will reviewed at least every six months by the school.
Please supply your child with a packed lunch or top up their ParentMail account (Secondary) until we let you know if your application has been approved.
In the Primary, Free School Meals gives your child a hot lunch, in Secondary, it gives your child up to £2.60 to spend in the canteen, as well as a free blazer, tie, and skirt or trousers upon starting at the school.
How we confirm entitlement
The information in this form is checked against records held by Oxfordshire County Council.
If we cannot confirm your entitlement through this process we will ask you to provide up-to-date evidence of the benefit you receive, normally the official documentation of the benefit.