During the summer holidays we have undertaken some work to improve signage and traffic layout on site. This work has been possible thanks to grants from City Councillor David Henwood and former City Councillor Mohammed Abbasi.
We continue to urge parents to drop pupils off site to reduce congestion and pollution and to encourage a healthy lifestyle. We recommend using the free car park at Templars Square, which is half a mile from school. Alternatively there is parking besides Florence Park, but please note Cricket Road becomes very busy with traffic in the morning.
If you do drive on site, we have made the following improvements to increase road safety. Please make sure you pay attention to signage and road layout to reduce the risk of accidents.
- New speed limit signs. Please note if driving on site, the speed limit is 5mph. Please respect this speed limit to ensure pupil safety.
- Repainted lines on the road. This includes clear indications of traffic flow. Please follow the arrows and ensure you drive safely on site at all times.
- Drop off point for secondary children. Please use the clearly marked drop off point which is just past the front gates. Please do not drop your child off at the gates as this causes congestion and increases the likelihood of accidents.
- Drop off for primary children. Please park your car in the car park or in the parking bays in front of reception. Please do not park on the double yellow lines in front of reception. This causes congestion and increases the likelihood of accidents.
- Disabled parking bays. Disabled parking bays are for the use of disabled pupils/parents/staff only.
- Zebra crossing. Please note that there is now a zebra crossing at the front of the car park. Please be aware of pupils crossing at this point and make sure you stop to allow them to cross.
- Double yellow lines. Please do not park on the double yellow lines in front of reception as this causes congestion. If you are dropping your child off at the primary school, please park in the car park and walk along the pavement to the school.
- Please be patient. We understand that sometimes you might be in a hurry, but please remember the safety of pupils, parents and staff is paramount. It is your responsibility to drive safely so please give yourself plenty of time to get on and off site and follow the above guidance at all times.
Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.